No new info released on school district threats

Pocatello High School. (Submitted Photo)

Pocatello High School. (Submitted Photo)

By Idaho State Journal Staff

POCATELLO — Police released no new information Wednesday about the suspect identified in connection to announced threats made against the Pocatello-Chubbuck School District this past weekend.

Pocatello police announced Tuesday that a suspect had been identified and interviewed, but a name was not released.

Schools were placed on heightened alert Tuesday due to a threat that Pocatello police said surfaced on social media.

Pocatello Police Spokeswoman Dianne Brush said it’s not known when the threat was originally posted, but police became aware of it this past weekend.

In a press release issue Tuesday, Pocatello police reported that the suspect was identified and interviewed, and the threats had been resolved.

Brush said the individual is not a student in District 25 and the unnamed suspect lives outside of Pocatello.

It is still unknown if the suspect will face charges related to the threats.

Brush said the case is still under investigation by the Pocatello Police Department.